16 Moving Quotes About Surrender and Letting Go
Letting go is an important process in one’s spiritual growth. Since ancient times, spiritual leaders and philosophers have discussed the importance of surrender.
Here are a few quotes I’ve found about surrender and letting go. I hope you like them!
1. “Some of us think holding on makes us strong; but sometimes it is letting go.” -Hermann Hesse
2. “There’s a victory in letting go of your expectations.” -Mike White
3. “To design the future effectively, you must first let go of your past.” -Charles J. Givens
4. “The creative process is a process of surrender, not control.” -Julia Cameron
5. “If you surrender completely to the moments as they pass, you live more richly those moments.” -Anne Morrow Lindbergh
6. “The greatness of a man’s power is the measure of his surrender.” -William Booth
7. “Letting go means to come to the realization that some people are a part of your history, but not a part of your destiny.” -Steve Maraboli
8. “Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go and then do it.” -Ann Landers
9. “You must learn to let go. Release the stress. You were never in control anyway.” -Steve Maraboli
10. “One thing I’ve learned about life is that if you really let go, it’s just a joy ride.” -Ricky Williams
11. “Time is about the need to control. Let go of control and embrace what happens.” -Eve Best
12. “If there are people you haven’t forgiven, you’re not going to really awaken. You have to let go.” -Eckhart Tolle
13. “When we give ourselves the chance to let go of all our tension, the body’s natural capacity to heal itself can begin to work.” -Nhat Hanh
14. “When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.” -Lao Tzu
15. “Creativity requires the courage to let go of certainties.” -Erich Fromm
16. “Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure.” -Oprah Winfrey
Are there any other quotes about surrender you’d add to this list? Comment below and let me know.
Looking for more positive inspiration?
I post daily articles on the Law of Attraction and the power of positive thinking on my blog. For strategies and information on how to use positive thinking to your advantage, sign up for my member website to access my premium resources. You can also subscribe to my newsletter for more free free articles like this!
I began my journey with the LOA as an opiate addict and a bulimic. Through learning how to consciously apply the LOA my life has become a waking dream-healthy, fulfilling and prosperous. It is my joy to pass this knowledge along to you.