11 Riveting Quotes by Alan Watts
Alan Watts was a British Philosopher, speaker and writer who specialized in explaining Eastern Philosophy (Buddhism, Hinduism, Taoism, Zen teachings, etc).
I’ve recently been spending some extra time listening to some of Alan Watts’s old recordings and have been enjoying them immensely. So with that as my inspiration, today I’d like to share a few of my favorite thought-provoking quotes by Alan Watts. I hope you enjoy them!
Quotes by Alan Watts
- The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.
- I have realized that the past and future are real illusions, that they exist in the present, which is what there is and all there is.
- No valid plans for the future can be made by those who have no capacity for living now.
- You and I are all as much continuous with the physical universe as a wave is continuous with the ocean.
- You don’t look out there for God, something in the sky, you look in you.
- Saints need sinners.
- So what is discord at one level of your being is harmony at another level.
- So then, the relationship of self to other is the complete realization that loving yourself is impossible without loving everything defined as other than yourself.
- You are that vast thing that you see far, far off with great telescopes.
- How is it possible that a being with such sensitive jewels as the eyes, such enchanted musical instruments as the ears, and such fabulous arabesque of nerves as the brain can experience itself anything less than a god.
- The reason we want to go on and on is because we live in an impoverished present.
For more words of wisdom like these quotes by Alan Watts, click here.
If you enjoyed these quotes feel free to comment and share! Have an awesome day.
Law of Attraction Educator
Are you a student of the Law of Attraction?
Sign up for my Law of Attraction newsletter for conscious advice to help you attract positive outcomes into your life. You can also become a member of my LOA member website and gain access to a library of video tutorials, ebooks, audiobooks and meditations. Learn how to attract the things you want with fun, clarity and success! Join today for as little as $1.99 or become an annual member for 30% in savings.