11 Quotes to Inspire Optimism (on a Crummy Day!)
Could you benefit from a few positive quotes to inspire optimism today? I know I could!
Today has been kind of “blah” for me…it hasn’t been a bad day, but it hasn’t exactly been a day that sparkles either.
Blah days are always kind of annoying to me since learning about the power of positive thinking. There’s an irritation in knowing that you have the ability to fly high but for some reason you’re stuck in second gear. Would you agree?
Despite this being a blah day, though, I still cannot deny the power of optimism. So, since I’m not feeling particularly inspiring myself, I figured today was a good day to look for some famous quotes to inspire optimism within me, and for you as well.
So if you’re looking for a reason to stay optimistic today, check these out:
- “Pessimism leads to weakness, optimism to power.” ~ William James
- “Optimism is essential to achievement and it is also the foundation of courage and true progress.” ~Nicholas M. Butler
- “I believe any success in life is made by going into an area with a blind, furious optimism.” ~Sylvester Stallone
- “The biggest emotion in creation is the bridge to optimism.” ~ Brian May
- “Optimism – the doctrine or belief that everything is beautiful, including what is ugly.” ~Ambrose Bierce
- “Optimism doesn’t wait on facts. It deals with prospects. Pessimism is a waste of time.” ~Norman Cousins
- “I don’t think you lead by pessimism and cynicism. I think you lead by optimism and enthusiasm and energy.” ~Patricia Ireland
- “Optimism with some experience behind it is much more energizing than plain old experience with a certain degree of cynicism.” ~Twyla Tharp
- “It is the hopeful, buoyant, cheerful attitude of mind that wins. Optimism is a success builder; pessimism an achievement killer.” ~Orison Swett Marden
- “Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier.” ~Colin Powell
- “Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.” ~Helen Keller
- “One of the things I learned the hard way was that it doesn’t pay to get discouraged. Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself.” ~Lucille Ball
Related Article: Are You an Optimist or Pessimist?
Stay optimistic my friends!
Are you a student of the Law of Attraction?
Sign up for my free Law of Attraction newsletter for conscious advice to help you attract positive outcomes into your life. You can also become a member of my LOA member website and gain access to a library of video tutorials, ebooks, audiobooks and meditations. Learn how to attract the things you want with fun, clarity and success! Join today for as little as $1.99 or become an annual member for 30% in savings.
I love your website. I always find something inspiring and interesting and that strikes just the right chord. You are awesome, and I feel so grateful to have access to your pearls of wisdom.
Thanks Anoynymous-this comment is very much appreciated, and came at the perfect time for me. So glad it resonated with you <3