To Play the Victim or Not? 11 Insightful Quotes on Victimization
Truth be told, we all know what it’s like to play the victim once in awhile.
Maybe we were treated poorly by another person, a group of people or an institution. We may have been billed unfairly, our property may have been destroyed or someone else may have gone out of their way to hurt us (for seemingly no good reason!).
Though all of this may be true, I still think it’s wise to be aware of when we are playing the victim. In the end, bad things may happen, but we get to choose whether or not they make us true victims.
To that end, here are a few of my favorite quotes on victimization. I hope you like them!
- “A wise woman wishes to be no one’s enemy; a wise woman refuses to be anyone’s victim.” ~Maya Angelou
- “Definition of a victim: a person to whom life happens.” ~Peter McWilliams
- “I think the first step is to understand that forgiveness does not exonerate the perpetrator. Forgiveness liberates the victim. It’s a gift you give yourself.” ~T. D. Jakes
- “Above all, be the heroine of your life, not the victim.” ~Nora Ephron
- “I’m not interested in playing the victim. I like stories about survivors.” ~Laurie Holden
- “You can’t be a victim and heal.” ~A. J. Langer
- “I want people to understand that tragedy and trial does not necessarily mean that you are a victim.” ~Marvin Sapp
- “I’d rather be a victor than a victim.” ~Robert Kiyosaki
- “There really is no difference between the bully and the victim.” ~Lady Gaga
- “Evil requires the sanction of the victim.” ~Ayn Rand
- “You can definitely become a victim and let people completely destroy your life.” ~Tina Yothers
- “If I don’t see myself as a victim, then I’m not a victim.” ~Noomi Rapace
For more inspiring quotes, click here.
Remember, no matter what happens, we get to choose whether or not to play the victim. Choose with your best interests in mind!
Law of Attraction Educator
Are you a student of the Law of Attraction?
Sign up for my free Law of Attraction newsletter for conscious advice to help you attract positive outcomes into your life. You can also become a member of my LOA member website and gain access to a library of full-length video tutorials, ebooks, audiobooks and meditations. Learn how to attract the things you want with fun, clarity and success! Join today for as little as $1.99 or become an annual member for 30% in savings.
Image Source: Cameron Gray, Parable Visions.