If You Want to Attract Money, Stop Acting Broke!
Are you acting broke without even knowing it? You very well might be, if money is something you are worried about today.
Sorry if this comes across as harsh, but acting broke is something I see people struggle with time and again when it comes to attracting wealth and prosperity.
I should know. Before learning the ropes of the Law of Attraction, I was the QUEEN of acting broke.
My Experience With Acting Broke
Below is a list of ways I used to “act broke.” These behaviors kept me tethered to a reality where my expenses ate up the bulk of my income.
When these were my default behaviors, I had to live in less-than-ideal housing and I had to work at a job (and at times, several jobs) I disliked just to survive. I rarely vacationed, dined out or enjoyed any luxuries. I was constantly stressed about money. I was most certainly a slave to the system.
Now this isn’t to say you “have to” live in a nice home or enjoy luxuries in order to be prosperous, but rather that I was able to do these things once I eliminated the behaviors below.
The Top 10 “Acting Broke” Behaviors That Held Me Back:
- Saying “I can’t afford it.” Over, and over, and over, and over, and over….
- Making my decisions on what to purchase primarily based on the price tag. Now, I decide what I want BEFORE I worry about the price. Price tags can change to meet your needs. Settling for less than what you want sends a message that you don’t believe you deserve what you want. Just sayin’.
- Being a crazy coupon lady. Couponing like the pros is a lot of work to save at most a few hundred bucks a month. This behavior reinforces the idea that you have to save, you have to work hard and that you can’t afford the things you want. Again, just sayin’.
- Checking my bank balance throughout the month. Now, I only check my bank balance once a month when I pay bills. There will be plenty there to cover you when you no longer obsessively worrying about whether or not there is.
- Getting mad when I had to pay a bill. Now, I think about what I GET for what I pay rather than what I PAY for what I get. It’s a small change that makes a big difference.
- Being stingy. Pick up a check once in awhile, and spread your wealth around. The more you give, the more you tell the universe “I have PLENTY to give.”
- Saying “no” to trips I wanted to go on and things I wanted to do because I didn’t think I’d want to part with the money. Now I say “YES” when something is calling to me and I assume the funds will appear if needed. They always do.
- Fighting with my spouse about money. What a waste of time. Seriously.
- Believing money was a limited resource. For an explanation on this “The #1 Limiting Belief About Money That Keeps You From Being Wealthy.”
- Prioritizing work over what I wanted to do in life. There’s a lot more to life than running on the hamster wheel for dollars. In fact, you literally don’t have to run on the hamster wheel at all if you don’t want to. Start doing what you want to do when you want to do it as often as you can. The money will figure itself out to support you. Money, after all, is just one, singular, form of abundance, and the universe can support your dreams in many, many ways.
Do You Rely on Any of These “Broke Behaviors?”
Depending on where you are on the prosperity vibe, some of these behaviors may or may not be relevant to you. Even more importantly, some of them may be easy for you to eliminate at the present moment, while others not so much.
My suggestion? Evaluate this list and start knocking off the ones you feel comfortable eliminating first. One by one, start removing these behaviors from your “to do” list. As you eliminate these behaviors, you’ll find you actually weren’t benefited from them, and it will become easier and easier to act prosperous, rather than broke.
If you are in need, or want, of more money, remember that it is important for you to stop acting broke. Let your beliefs and behaviors demonstrate belief in your prosperity over scarcity, and watch what happens.
XO, Andrea )Law of Attraction Educator)
Become a Member
✓Immediate access to over 200 manifesting materials
✓3 new exclusive downloads for you each month!
✓Discounts on my manifesting courses and more.
✓Learn more here
I used to say ” I can’t afford it” over and over again like a parrot. It was a terrible habit. This was especially true if I was invited out for shopping and dinner. Now, I will say anything but a lack statement. It might be : my estate is tied up in overseas investments, or my broker in Switzerland is on vacation right now, or I can’t find those darn oil well certificates, or my cash & jewel safe won’t open, e.t.c.
My family laughs because, of course, I don’t have any of those things. LOL It just feels so good not to say I can’t afford it.
Now THAT is creative Perry. I love those expressions! 🙂
I looove this article! Something too I’d like to add — I can only speak for myself as I know I am extremely fortunate as most americans are but I don’t ever fear I wont have food to eat. Since Ive been born Ive never feared that I had to save or worry about my next meal. Don’t get me wrong I get hungry like anyone else but I never feel as though there isn’t enough food to go around or that I have to be stingy with what I eat or that I cant share … feeling the same way about money could change my life right?
have a great day xoxox
I need to keep a copy of this next to me at all times! I do most of those. I’m going to start with not obsessively checking my bank balance! I like knowing that these habits can be changed by your example, thanks Andrea.
Absolutely Bobby, good point! I think that’s a great way for many people to think about it. Thanks for sharing!
Glad you liked this one Colleen, and thanks for your comment! <3
very difficult to act as if…when the bills have reached the roof! acting broke or being responsible..its a catch 22! sort of…panic & desperation take over….
i manifested the house i want, but the money ???