How to Avoid Freaking Out in the Middle of a Crisis
Just a few minutes ago, I was doing some routine maintenance on my website and suddenly a bunch of data went missing and my website got totally jumbled up. My first instinct? PANIC!
However, as a follower of the Law of Attraction, I know that the key to resolving our problems is in staying calm and optimistic about the future. Because I have learned how to avoid freaking out in the middle of a crisis, I have decided to sit down and write this article, because I think right now is a great time for me to practice staying calm. As I would recommend to anyone else in a crisis, I am going to step away from the problem for a moment and focus on something distracting that I enjoy (writing!).
So, in today’s blog I will answer the following questions: How do we stay calm in a crisis? How do we rise above the innate desire to panic? How do we find our zen when all we want to do is run around the house crying and screaming?
For me, the answer has always been in my self-talk. You know how calming it is when someone you care about gives you a hug and tells you everything is going to be ok, right? Well, it’s even more comforting when YOU can be that person for yourself.
To do this for myself, I’ve developed a few personal mantras over the years that I use to stay calm when things appear to be out of control. I’m going to use them today, and let’s see what happens.
- “Someday, this will make an entertaining story!”
- “If everything worked perfectly all of the time, my life would be very boring.”
- “There might be something really great that comes out of this obstacle, and soon I will know what it is!”
- “There are answers to every question, and solutions to every problem.”
- “This is a great opportunity for me to practice staying calm.”
- “The sooner I relax, the better I will feel and the quicker this will be resolved.”
- “This might be a blessing in disguise.”
- “I have the power to stay optimistic, regardless of the circumstances.”
- “I get to choose how I react.”
- “There will be more obstacles in the future, so the more I practice staying calm today, the better trained I will be for the next one.”
- “Despite this problem, I am still a good person, and I have many reasons to be happy about myself and my life.”
- “There are people suffering from much greater problems than I am right now.”
- “This problem is small potatoes compared to some of the other problems I’ve overcome in the past. I can handle this.”
UPDATE (1 hour later):
I waited to finish this article until I had a happy ending, and it didn’t take long at all! As it turned out, my problem was really no big deal at all, and it was resolved with very little effort on my part. In fact, this small technical problem alerted me to something important I needed to know in order to improve my website and have it work faster and more efficiently.
So, the next time you feel like you are in a panic, take a break, do some soothing self-talk, and then wait for the problem to resolve itself. As you can see, this strategy works pretty well for me-and I hope it does the same for you!
Best Wishes Always,
Looking for more in-depth Law of Attraction advice?
If you enjoyed this article on how to avoid freaking out, you might also enjoy becoming a member of Raise Your Vibration Today! Members learn how to reach their goals with the Law of Attraction and receive personalized support along with full access to my video tutorials, guided meditations, ebooks, and audiobooks. Try out a membership for 30 days for just $0.99!
You also can also subscribe to my newsletter for more free blog posts and tips like these.