Some people are a little more sensitive to bad vibes than others. People who are sensitive to bad vibes will usually feel very emotionally, psychologically and even physically drained when they are in toxic or low vibrational situations.
It can be challenging to go to work, go shopping or maintain your social obligations if you are sensitive to other people’s negative energy. This can be really frustrating, and for some people, it is bothersome enough to keep them in the house and away from others much of the time!
If you think you might be sensitive to negative energy, here are a few ideas on how to protect yourself from bad vibes. Using tools to protect yourself will make it easier and more enjoyable for you to deal with social interaction. Implement these strategies when you are around toxic people, in a hostile crowd or in any place that has low vibrational energy.
1. Center yourself: Before entering into a situation you expect might contain low vibrational energy, first take a moment to center yourself.
If you have time, do a quick meditation-if not, at least sit down for a moment and take a few big, slow, deliberate breaths. This action will give you a little vibrational lift, so that you will be able to move through the negative energy field for a while before you become uncomfortable.
As an added benefit, the simple act of centering yourself will sometimes even raise your vibration enough for the situation to actually turn out to be fun!
2. Take breaks: When you find yourself in low vibrational spaces, step away frequently. Excuse yourself to use the restroom or go outside for some fresh air. This allow you to stop the downward momentum of your energy and bring yourself back to center. When you return, you’ll be calmer, happier, and better equipped to deal with the situation at hand.
3. Carry black tourmaline: Black tourmaline is a fantastic stone for protection because it absorbs toxic energy in your environment before it can get to you.
Be sure to clean and charge your stone before using it. This removes any negative energy it has already absorbed. To clean and charge your stone, you can place it under running water for a few minutes or lay it out in the moonlight for a few hours.
4. Wear black or dark colors: In toxic situations with bad vibes, wearing the colors of the root chakra (like black, red or brown) will provide you with added protection. However, while these colors block out toxicity, they also block out the light, so please do not overuse these colors in your day-to-day life.
5. Sage: If you have the opportunity to sage your environment before gatherings, absolutely do it! For example, if you have some people coming over to your house who typically bring you down, burn sage around all of the corners in your home before they arrive. Sage is highly effective at expelling negative energy.
If you believe you are about to enter a toxic situation, first take a little bit of time to protect yourself. With a little bit of preparation, you can keep yourself from picking up bad vibes from other people.
If you work hard to raise your vibration there is no good reason to allow another person or situation to hijack your good feelings. You have the capacity to protect your vibrational energy, no matter the circumstance. Take care of your energy, and it will take care of you!