12 Powerful Quotes on the Importance of Forgiveness
Forgiveness is such a powerful thing. When we hold on to grudges and anger we hold ourself away from our power. Here are 12 powerful quotes on the importance of forgiveness!
1. “Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” –Martin Luther King, Jr.
2. “Forgive, forget. Bear with the faults of others as you would have them bear with yours.” –Phillips Brooks
3. “The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.” –Mahatma Gandhi
4. “Forgiveness is the final form of love.” –Reinhold Niebuhr
5. “Forgiveness is a virtue of the brave.” –Indira Gandhi
6. “It’s one of the greatest gifts you can give yourself, to forgive. Forgive everybody.” –Maya Angelou
7. “It’s not an easy journey, to get to a place where you forgive people. But it is such a powerful place, because it frees you.” –Tyler Perry
8. “Forgiveness says you are given another chance to make a new beginning.” –Desmond Tutu
9. “When you forgive, you in no way change the past – but you sure do change the future.” –Bernard Meltzer
10. “To err is human; to forgive, divine.” –Alexander Pope
11. “To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.” –Lewis B. Smedes
12. “One of the secrets of a long and fruitful life is to forgive everybody everything every night before you go to bed.” –Bernard Baruch
I hope you enjoyed these quotes on the power of forgiveness. Which one is your favorite? Comment below and let me know!
Looking for more positive inspiration?
I post daily articles on the Law of Attraction and the power of positive thinking. If you’d like to learn how to consciously create your reality through your thoughts and intentions, subscribe to my member website for my premium Law of Attraction resources. You can also sign up for my newsletter to receive more free articles like this one!
Image by Zuerichs Strassen. This image has been edited.